Clean Eating Lettuce Wraps!
Eat like you love yourself, feed your soul and your body with clean and healthy food that doesn’t bore your family or your palate! Try these ahhhhmazing 21 Day Fix approved lettuce wraps for a boost in your menu and meal prep this coming week!
Clean Eating 21 Day Fix Approved Lettuce Wrap Recipe!
1 tsp. coconut oil
1 lb lean ground turkey breast – I substitute for Ground Venison or Chicken Breast
½ medium onion, chopped
½ medium red or green bell pepper, chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 green onion, chopped
⅔ cup chopped water chestnuts
1 Tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 Tbsp. seasoned rice vinegar
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
1 large head of lettuce (like leaf, romaine, or bibb), separated into leaves
1. Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add turkey, onion, and bell pepper; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 6 minutes, or until turkey is cooked through and onion is translucent.
3. Add garlic, green onion, water chestnuts, soy sauce, and vinegar; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
4. Add cilantro; mix well. Remove from heat.
5. Evenly spoon mixture onto lettuce leaves; wrap the leaves around mixture, and eat!
Optional Sauce for Serving:
Added soy sauce or sriracha upon making your wraps!
1 GREEN, 1/2 RED FOR 2 WRAPS
Let me know your thoughts or your favorite clean recipes for me to try! Have a great week!