Best Veggie and Chicken Stir Fry – Sodium Free!
Tonight for dinner: Veggie and Chicken Stir Fry with soba noodles!
Recipe: great with or without the noodles, and delicious served with brown rice
2 tbsp ground ginger
2 tbsp garlic powder
2 tbsp onion powder
2 tsp red pepper flakes
*mix together in a bowl and set aside*
– Add about 2tbsp coconut oil to your wok and heat on high, add: 1/2 Spice mix
– add 3 thawed and sliced chicken breasts
– cook on high until cooked through
-remove chicken from wok and set aside
– add 1 more tbsp of coconut oil to the wok and heat
– add your sliced veggies of choice
I use: Sliced mini sweet peppers, a sliced onion and tomatoes – other great options I have tried are zucchini, broccoli, snap peas, carrots and celery
– add 2 tbsp minced garlic
– Cook on high 3-4 minutes
– add noodles (optional)
– cook 3 more minutes
– add the other half of the seasoning and the chicken back into the wok and cook for about 1-2 more minutes on high
Serve while hot and enjoy!
ADDITIONAL NOTE to those following the Fix Portion Plan like me:
Soba Noodles are made out of buckwheat, which is an approved Fix portion food BUT these are not technically on the list of approved foods, I choose to use them anyway rarely and portion is key! I load up my plate with veggies and chicken first and then add about 1/2 yellow container to my meal and count it as a full yellow just to be safe 🙂
The choice is of course personal where to moderate items like this and what works for your family, I do not recommend using items that are not made from ingredients on the approved list at any time 🙂