I love a good hearty soup as much as the next guy and this one is one of my favorites! But heavy cream is a night mare for my waistline and my digestion so here is how I cleaned it up 💪🏼
If you follow the same meal plan as I do here are the breakdowns 😘 Serving : 1 1/2💛1/2💚1❤️
- 1 pound ground hot sausage (clean it up EVEN MORE with hot turkey Italian sausage)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon whole wheat flour
- 64 oz. low sodium chicken stock
- 6 Russet potatoes
- 3/4 cup plain almond milk
- 2 tbsp EVOO or coconut oil
- 6 cups torn kale pieces
- Add sausage to a large soup pot and crumble as it cooks over medium heat.
- When sausage is broken up and beginning to brown, add onion and garlic to pan and continue cooking until sausage is cooked through and onions are translucent.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp flour over mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour in the chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, wash potatoes and slice thin (I use a mandolin). Slice into 1/4-inch slices.
- Once soup is boiling, add potatoes to pot. Cook for 20 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
- While potatoes are cooking mix almond milk and EVOO together until fully combined Sprinkle with a tbsp whole wheat flour and continue to mix until combined
- Reduce heat to low and stir in the almond milk mixture and kale. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.